Every musician – a beginner or an expert will always want to be better at their field. No matter what your end goal is, you always need to strive to become the best version of yourself. However, just like every specialization, there are no shortcuts to achieve this. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways you can be an excellent guitar player in no time.
Here are four proven ways to improve your guitar skills as long as you have the desire and the drive to do so.
Dedicate Practice Time
It may sound cliche, but as the famous quote said, “Practice makes perfect. After a long time of practicing, our work will become natural, skillful, swift, and steady.” Don’t expect that picking up your guitar two times a week to play will hone your skill to its full potential. And when you practice, practice hard with a plan.
Dedicate practice time where you can focus and follow a plan. If you can enroll in a course, then that will be better. You can read a Fender play review to see how guitar lessons go. Practicing with a plan and the right course material will make you many steps closer to be a skilled musician.
Use The Right Guitar For You
You probably heard someone say it is not about the guitar, but it’s about how you play. To debunk that myth – NO, the guitar can play a huge part in mastering the art of playing it. There are no standard “right” guitars for everyone. You have to find the guitar that resonates with your personality, taste, style, and just the overall feel of it. By using the right guitar, you can be more motivated, and it can boost your skill massively.
Focus on Your Aural Skills
Ear training will improve your guitar playing easily and quickly. If you can recognize what a certain note sounds like, you will be able to directly play that note on your guitar. There are five aural skills you need to learn:
- Identifying the Notes of Scales – when a melody plays, or someone hums a tune, you must be able to play the chords of that scale.
- Detecting Errors – you should be able to differentiate chords and detect mistakes from each other.
- Understanding Timing and Rhythm – knowing when to start playing or be an accompaniment with another instrument is intricate. When you master this, you can harmonize with other musicians easily.
- Expressing What You Conceptualize – playing what you have in your mind will give you the ultimate freedom not just in playing but in creating music.
- Hearing the Details – yes, you can listen to chords, but learning the details and complex arpeggios will make you an excellent musician.
Learn The Basic
You cannot be an expert without learning the basics first. It will be the foundation of your whole music career or guitar journey. No matter how excited you are playing, it would help if you learn about open strings/tuning, chords, melodies/riffs, and scales. The more you know about it, the better you are going to be in using the guitar.
Click Here Join Our Telegram Group To Receive Updates
These four things will help you improve your guitar skills. Work hard, use your time efficiently, refine your listening skills and continue to gain knowledge. You can see massive changes in the way you play and your confidence in playing.
-- You Might Also Like --
- Raquel – Sweetio (ft Sarkodie)
- Vector – Comfortable ft. Davido
- Tady Kay – Banger (Feat. Amerado, Biggbone and Dr Drilla) (Prod by Apya)
- Patapaa X Oscord X One Big – All Die Be Die (Prod by Nero Steger)
- Agyenkwa – Yen Ko No Saa (RNS Cover) Mixed By Kopow
- C.I.A – One Luv (Prod. By Lavnmix)
- Konshens – Pull Up
- Wendy Shay – New level
- Yaa Pono – Eduro ft. M.anifest
- Vybz Kartel – Dem No Ready (Lifestyle Riddim)